- Bells of Lazonby
- Cumbria, CA10 1BG
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- HR & Training
- Contract Type
- Full Time
HR Manager - Penrith, Cumbria
We are a dynamic, fast-moving family-owned business which has developed in niche and specialist areas. We have sustained growth and development through recessions, Brexit, Covid and beyond. The hallmarks of our business are Quality, Innovation, Service, Flexibility and our People. We have ambitious plans for the further development of the business and are looking for an HR Manager who has the vision and drive to support and improve the wider management team across all areas of HR.
To provide the framework for the business to optimise its management of people to meet current needs, set the future direction and ensure that its statutory employment requirements are met in the most appropriate way.
- To manage the recruitment and selection process
- To advise and make recommendations on the structure and organisation developments within the business
- To maintain and develop remuneration packages and grading structures that are both relevant and equitable
- To manage the development and delivery of training activity to suit role specific, individual and business needs
- To maintain and develop HR policies and procedures that are relevant to and meet the needs of the business and statutory requirements
- To monitor employment requirements from inside and outside the business, including changing legislation, and provide appropriate operational and strategic input to deliver against these requirements
- In conjunction with internal marketing, ensure that communication to staff at all levels is relevant, adequate and well delivered
- To maintain and develop relevant reporting tools and provide a strategic input of the HR impact of business decisions and direction
- To champion and propose improvements on our stated aim to be an “employer of choice” locally To be the guardian of all HR practices within the business
This position has one report who has dual responsibilities for both HR and Office Administration, so it the direct report spends approximately half of their time supporting the HR Manager and provides holiday cover to the HR Manager.
Established in 1946, Bells of Lazonby was founded by John Bell – a man with a fighting spirit who made it through WW2 after his aircraft was shot down over Germany. Upon his return, he moved to Lazonby with his family and set up a small bakery and shop, attached to their home, to provide an income for the family.
Nowadays we are divided into two unique brands, Bells of Lazonby and We Love Cake. Both brands are well established and equally well known for producing delicious baked goods for customers and stockists alike.
Apply for HR Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert