- Prime Produce
- TN12 9LX, Marden
- Detailed within the advert
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production & Manufacturing, Quality Assurance (QA), Operatives
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Warehouse Operative - Marden, Kent, TN12 9LX
Shift : 4 on 3 off, days off shift may not be consecutive.
The Warehouse works 12 hours per day generally from 7am to 7pm with an hours break
The rate of pay are staged depending on licenses held ranging from just a powered pallet truck to flexi truck.
£10.69 whilst training - £11.20 once trained - This for PPT only
£11.04 whilst training - £12.00 once trained - This is for candidates that have FLT license
£11.29 whilst training - £12.50 once trained - This is for candidates that have Flexi Truck license
About Prime Produce
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets.
About the role
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for maximising the efficiency of Prime Produce Ltd operations whilst ensuring all quality, legal and safety requirements are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Interact with other department staff to ensure smooth running of the business.
- Implement best practices.
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded and un-loaded correctly and in a timely manner regarding customer order and time constraints.
- To assist with training coaching and mentoring where needed and actively seek to continually improve current training methods, with a particular aim to improving efficiency and reducing all types of risk, whether it be H&S or risk of customer rejections.
- To lead by example by having a positive and professional attitude. (Dress, Attitude, Work Rate etc)
- To reduce waste where possible. (Ensure good fruit/packaging is not being wasted and ensure that good fruit is not unnecessarily handled or sorted)
- To assist with visits where possible. (Customers, Growers, Government Agencies etc)
- Stock counts on raw material and finished products including reconciliation on prophet.
- Allocate orders on prophet in a timely manner
- Utilise storage areas efficiently.
- To ensure all orders are completed to the customers specification in a timely fashion
- To ensure that only stock which has had final QC checks are sent to the customer
- To communicate immediately any issues or trends in quality to the QA or PH Manager.
- To ensure traceability by checking labels accurately and performing relevant checks.
- To follow the labelling procedure when required.
- Ensure all pallets/bins including Juice, Class I & Class II have correct identification label attached.
- To actively suggest improvements to Company operations and documentation that will improve packaging efficiency and/or quality of product.
- To produce accurate load plans and GRN’s on loads sent out and received as per procedure.
Health & Safety, Food Safety
- To ensure the health and safety standards of site, staff and product are met according to company policy, third party standards and law. (e.g. ensuring staff wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment)
- To ensure the food hygiene standards of site, staff and product are met according to company policy, third party standards and law. (e.g. ensure staff follow correct dress codes.)
- Work to minimise the risk of any hazards indentified within the Company (HACCP)
- Carry out H&S checks on all MHE and ramp.
- Liaise with manufacture/service engineers to ensure annual servicing is carried out
- To follow “Clean as you go” and ensure “GMP” are followed at all times. To actively suggest improvements to the Company operations and documentation that will improve H&S and/or the working environment.
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets
Apply for Warehouse Operative
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert