- Prime Produce
- TN12 9LX, Tonbridge
- Pay: £10.77 Per Hour whilst training | £11.20 Per Hour once trained
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production & Manufacturing, Quality Assurance (QA), Operatives
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Machine Minder (Flow Wrapping Machines)- Marden, Kent, TN12 9LX
Pay: £10.77 Per Hour whilst training | £11.20 Per Hour once trained
Shift : 4 on 3 off, working days may not be consecutive.
The shift pattern will be covering a 12 hour production shift of typically 7am to 7pm with set up and shutdown periods at each end, but a flexible attitude to this is essential to cover fluctuations in workload and sickness and holiday cover.
About Prime Produce
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets.
About the role
Reporting to the Line Leader you will be responsible for maximising the efficiency of Prime Produce Ltd operations whilst ensuring all quality, legal and safety requirements are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To lead by example, by having a positive and professional attitude. (Dress, Attitude, Work Rate etc)
- To maintain and monitor machine to make sure it functions properly.
- To adjust machine as required for changeovers, different functions or other varying needs of production.
- To report any staff whether Prime Produce or from Labour Provider who are underperforming to the Packhouse Management Team.
- To reduce waste where possible. (Ensure good fruit/packaging is not being wasted and ensure that good fruit is not unnecessarily handled or sorted)
- To assist with visits where possible. (Customers, Growers, Government Agencies etc)
- To assist with training & coaching and mentoring where needed and actively seek to continually improve current training methods, with a particular aim to improving efficiency and reducing all types of risk, whether it be H&S or risk of customer rejections.
- Follow machine operating instructions & report any problems in a timely manner.
Quality & Production
- Check correct packaging is used prior to the start of the job, check each new reel of labels and film thereafter.
- To collect job sheet from Line Leader in timely manner, to prepare correct film reel/s for the job required (size/variety).
- To set up the line prior to commencement of production ensuring that all packaging and fruit etc. are present and correct, and that any packaging and fruit left from the previous run has been removed.
- To ensure that machinery/line is not running at an in-appropriate speed (either too fast or too slow) and is not too empty as to cause damage to fruit.
Health & Safety, Food Safety
- To ensure the health and safety standards of site, staff and product are met according to company policy, third party standards and law. (e.g. ensuring staff wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment)
- To ensure packaging is not used to store anything other than fruits. To ensure the food hygiene standards of site, staff and product are met according to company policy, third party standards and law.
- Work to minimise the risk of any hazards identified within the Company (HACCP) To follow “Clean as you go” and ensure “GMP” are followed at all times.
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets
Apply for Machine Minder
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert