- Prime Produce
- TN12 9LX, Marden
- £10.79 per hour whilst training | £12.00 per hour once trained
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production & Manufacturing, Quality Assurance (QA), Operatives
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Quality Controller - Marden, Kent, TN12 9LX
Pay: £10.79 Per Hour whilst training | £12.00 Per Hour once trained
Shift : 4 on 3 off, working days may not be consecutive.
The shift pattern will be covering a 12 hour production shift of typically 7am to 7pm with set up and shutdown periods at each end, but a flexible attitude to this is essential to cover fluctuations in workload and sickness and holiday cover.
About Prime Produce
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets.
About the role
Reporting to, and deputising for, the Quality Supervisor you will be responsible for maximising the efficiency of Prime Produce Ltd operations whilst ensuring all quality, legal and safety requirements are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To lead by example, by having a positive and professional attitude. (Dress, Attitude, Work Rate etc)
- To give staff the correct guidance and information for the role they are expected to perform and to provide support where necessary.
- To ensure the staff are given clear and concise instructions as to what is expected of them and how they should achieve this. Prepare ‘Doctor’s Box’ at the start of each job.
- To ensure staff are treated equally and in a respectful manner.
- To report any staff whether Prime Produce or from a Labour Provider who are underperforming to the Packhouse Supervisor /Packhouse Manager.
- To reduce waste where possible- ensure good fruit/packaging is not being wasted and ensure that good fruit is not unnecessarily handled or sorted.
- To assist with visits where possible. (Customers, Growers, Government Agencies etc)
- To assist with training & coaching and mentoring where needed and actively seek to continually improve current training methods, with a particular aim to improving efficiency and reducing all types of risk, whether it be H&S or risk of customer rejections.
Quality & Production
- To ensure the quality of the products being produced meets the quality specifications for the target customer as per the details in the Packing and Labelling Specifications Folder.
- To ensure all product leaving the Packhouse meet’s the customer’s specifications. To ensure traceability standards are met by performing relevant checks and keeping thorough, accurate records according to procedure.
- To carry out all work diligently and conscientiously.
Prime Produce is an industry leading packing, storing and distribution centre located in the heart of Kent, that specialises in Top fruit ( Apples and Pears). We are a family run business servicing a range of the major high street retailers, food service providers and wholesale markets
Apply for Quality Controller
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert