- Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- £Competitive & Benefits
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Plant Manager - Goole / UK
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Director Europe
DIRECT REPORTS: 5+
WORKPLACE TYPE: On site
Ingredion is a global Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that touch millions of lives, every day. With over 19,000 customers in 120 countries, we create solutions that help nourish, comfort, and delight people all over the world. We are proud to source our strength from nature. That’s why we’re growing sustainably, with an industry-leading product portfolio that includes plant-based proteins, sugar alternatives and clean and simple ingredients that deliver on changing consumer needs while protecting our planet. Although we are best known for our food ingredients, we are much more than a food business. We co-create bespoke solutions with our customers; from cosmetics and beauty, to paper and textiles, to pharmaceuticals, driven by relentless curiosity. We make it our business to anticipate industry trends, and to bring together the potential of people, nature and technology to make life better.
We don’t just make ingredients. We create possibilities. Be What’s Next® with us.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the management and development of the Goole manufacturing site and its team, including all legal aspects. Ensures product quality, safety and supply capability and customer service in-line with demand and meets annual budgets and production targets.
- Leads all functions on site such as production, maintenance, project, planning & scheduling, process engineering and a dotted line to a on-site EHS specialist
- Ensures product quality, safety, and reliable and cost-effective operation with a high availability (OEE) of all technical equipment including facilities
- Ensures compliance with legislation, regulations, permits and required authority approvals including all ancillary conditions such as e.g., accident prevention, occupational health and safety regulations, internal standards as well as the ordinances, conditions and decrees from the permits
- Ensures that internal/ external audit standards are integrated, and actions are up to date with required improvements
- Develops a KPI driven, EHS&S and quality focused, cost competitive, agile, integrated and flexible site by applying best practices and appropriate benchmarks, Initiates, coordinates and manages improvement and technical projects
- Plans and ensures the site budget as well as the 5-year capital investment plan in line with business priorities
- Work closely with the financial department to assure all aspects of financial management e.g. product costing, budget, energy tax, etc.
- Supports the business growth by active cost reduction looking beyond the site and by providing high service levels to the customers (internal/ external)
- Leads and develops the “Site Management Team” to align site activities and development within the supply network
- Drive people development by active planning processes and the team development with clear accountabilities and deliverables to enhance site performance
- Oversees management of employment, selection, orientation and development processes to ensure talent and diversity
Site continuous improvement:
- Coordinates with supply chain, procurement, sales, central EHS & engineering, development & innovation, PTG and quality to meet customer and external expectations
- Represents the site/ business to all stakeholders and builds and establishes public relations to shape the perception & role in the local community
Qualified candidates will have:
- Solid people management experience in a manufacturing environment Detailed experience in project management & engineering
- Knowledge of the process industry, ideally food or chemicals
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering preferred, evidence of continuous learning via international certifications.
- Language: fluent English
Required behaviors and skills:
- Empathic leader with strong communication skills and a high level of assertiveness
- Very independent, proactive, self-reliant, result-oriented and structured way of working with a high degree of organisation
- Analytical, conceptual, and strategic skills, data- and fact-oriented work
- Team player - ability to work across departments - builds networks across the global organization
Relocation available: Yes – within Europe
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Privacy Notice: The Candidate Privacy Notice explains how Ingredion uses personal information about job applicants, and what rights an applicant has in respect of the use of this information for recruitment purposes. This Notice applies to applications submitted via Ingredion’s careers websites and any third parties, such as recruitment agencies, job boards and other means, such as by post and email. The Notice can be accessed here:
Ingredion offers food and beverage manufacturers the solutions needed to create delicious, in-demand, better-for-you products. Our insights and taste, texture and sensory science experts can help you remove formulation barriers and quickly meet evolving consumer demands.
Apply for Plant Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert