- Evolution Foods
- Hortonwood, Telford
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Buying/Purchasing, Packaging, Sales/Commercial
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Location: Hortonwood, Telford
Reporting To: Buying Director
Salary: Competitive (please outline salary expectation on covering letter)
Working Hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
*Can be flexible on core hours
Based: Working within the office between all sites within Telford
Holidays: Up to 25 days holiday (includes service days) plus bank holidays. Other than Christmas bank holidays (complete shutdown). You will have to book bank holidays from your annual entitlement.
About the Business
Evolution Foods are market leaders in all things fruit, nuts & seeds! In the past couple of years have also expended into chocolate and peanut butter. Supplying both own label and private label products to major retailers across the UK & Europe. One of the fastest growing food manufacturing businesses in the local area, employing over 300 employees across our five sites.
About the Role
Working alongside a team of two (Buyer - Raw Materials & Buying Director). This role will independently focus on packaging and will be an integral part of the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone in an existing buying role (packaging), looking to develop and grow within a growing business. Ideally with a food manufacturing background but not essential.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of packaging products and will have full accountability for supplier development and will work closely with key internal stakeholders and suppliers in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
You’ll also be responsible for developing the overall packaging capabilities within the business.
Duties specifically include:
- Close working relationship with various food packaging suppliers these include; corrugated cardboard, plastic/paper pouches and tubs
- Effective forecasting by liaising with internal stakeholders (planning, warehouse, NPD, Production and Technical)
- Weekly supplier forecasting with all major packaging supplier’s
- Raising Purchase Orders with suppliers and progressing them to arrive on time
- Daily interaction with planning to make sure all packaging is available for each job 48 hours in advance of works order being raised
- Space planning with all warehouse departments including external warehouses daily
- Working towards sourcing new and alternative products from the packaging industry to show savings to the company
- Internal meetings with NPD team to delivery new packaging on time for product launches
- Once the above has been achieved and established, emphasis and project work on overall business sustainability
- Excellent organisation skills with meticulous attention to detail, project management and understanding of customer requirements and policies. The ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of the food industry across multiple retailers
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Relevant experience within purchasing at supervisor or management level within Food Manufacturing
- Strong communication (both written and verbally) and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and self-motivation with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Full UK Driving License is essential for this role due to travelling between sites.
- CIPS Qualification
- Knowledge of BRC 8/Sedex
- Understanding of food packaging & materials
- Previous experience of working with Supply Chain to explore achievable sustainability method’s
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality and can work well as part of a team.
Founded in 2006 in Shrewsbury, Evolution Foods are now celebrating our tenth year at the forefront of the retail-packed dried fruit and nuts business in Britain. Having grown by leaps and bounds, driven by our passion for trading and for good food, we now supply a wide range of dried fruits, nuts and seeds to all of the UK’s major retailers. And we’re only getting started – the sky is the limit for our ambition for growth!.
Apply for Buyer (Packaging)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert