- Silven Recruitment
- North West, Merseyside
- £65000 - £70000 per year pension + healthcare DOE
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Hygiene, Quality Assurance (QA), Technical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Technical Manager
Location: North West, Merseyside.
Salary: c£65k - £70k pension + healthcare DOE.
Are you able to drive standards to meet BRC and retailer audit requirements? Develop and inspire technical teams? If you have a proven background in food manufacturing, then apply below!
- As Technical Manager you will be a key member of the SLT of this key site, managing the site Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams and ensuring that the company’s products are manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal or external specifications.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by all the BRC and all major retailers.
- Developing the site technical strategy, to show continuous improvement and added value.
- Be customer facing on all technical issues and support the commercial team.
- Develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the Site Director and senior team to continuously improve against standards.
- Are you Degree qualified (preferably food science) or equivalent with a several years’ experience, and have HACCP L4?
- Ideally you will have a background in fast moving, fast reacting food manufacturing i.e., ready meals, sandwiches etc.
- As a Technical Manager, have you been responsible for dealing with one or more of the UK’s major retailers, in relation to audits, etc?
- You will have an excellent track record of managing teams, building capability, addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies and procedures.
- You will be Self-motivated and highly resilient.
- Demonstrate a solid level of numeracy - able to calculate and report on performance and shift KPI’s and present to the board and customers
- My client is a renowned manufacturer of high quality food products and this site manufactures own-label food products for the UK retailers.
- My client will offer excellent career development opportunities for those with ambition.
To apply for this exciting exclusive role, please send a copy of your CV quoting HM12709 for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463
Silven was formed by experienced consultants to bring a high calibre service to the Food & Drink manufacturing sector. A team of personable, dedicated sector experts offering a service based on knowledge, understanding, capability and a determination to deliver for our clients and candidates. Fundamentally a service that we would want to receive ourselves. Providing a full recruitment service to the sector, we complete assignments across senior and middle management roles as well as handling specialist difficult to fill and first line management roles. Functions covered include: Manufacturing & Operations Engineering & Maintenance CI & Projects R&D & Process Development Technical & Quality NPD & Innovation Supply Chain & Planning Hygiene & Health & Safety
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert