Production Operator - Quaker Oats (Cupar)
- Cupar, Fife
- £25891 - £27350 per year
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay's, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit pepsico. com
Reports to: Shift Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: 12 hour continental shifts, based on a 3/2 pattern rotating across nights and days. This will include workings weekends and bank holidays.
It is an exciting time for us and we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our Production Operatives (PO) are a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards.
You will be part of a busy team who are committed to the PepsiCo brand. In joining this team you will be supported in your role via a team of co-ordinators and you will be responsible for the performance of your zone using our LEAN Manufacturing framework.
Salary & Benefits:
- £25,891 inclusive shift premium (after successful 13 weeks, pay will increase to £27,350 inclusive shift premium)
Competitive Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
- Staff discount shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised Canteen
- Long Service Rewards
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To operate effectively, one of our food packing lines, as part of a small line team
- Carry out and record all quality checks at specified intervals, (escalating any non-conformances)
- To carry out all sanitation & CRP tasks to the required standard & Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure full traceability,
- To maintain a Safe, Healthy and hygienic work place. Work safely and improve safety through plant systems. (Near Misses and Food Safety Near Misses),
- Drive the plant key performance indicator (KPI) targets of cost, quality, service, hygiene and safety,
- Take responsibility and ownership for the zone that you work in and the plant in general. This includes good housekeeping, hygiene, and 5s / lean standards & standards are met,
- Operates using OEE data to improve cost, quality, efficiency and reduce waste,
- Use data from Lineview to understand how your machine is performing, accounting for any stoppages by adding commentary - and initiating root cause analysis for any gaps to standard (waste or output)
- Ability to work on your own and in a small team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Previous experience in food manufacturing would be desirable but not essential
- All basic training will be provided, however, good numeric and computer skills are an advantage,
- Ability to work well within a team environment - with good communication skills,
- Ability to operate machinery and carry out minor adjustments to machines if required,
- Results focused to ensure that all targets are met,
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written,
- Self motivated and uses initiative,
- Strong team player who adopts continuous improvement approach,
- Promotes safe working practices.
We pride ourselves on our superb work force, and the Job security we offer our employees. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of our vacancies being filled internally, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career. PepsiCo as a Global business can offer worldwide opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Our 5,500 PepsiCo employees in the UK are the reason for our success. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining good people.
Company programmes help our employees manage their careers, train for advancement, increase their knowledge and skills and participate in lifestyle and personal development opportunities.To attract and retain the best people, we believe in creating a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion, where everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute and succeed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert