Operational Support Manager- Oakthorpe Dairy
Who are Arla Foods?
Arla is the UK’s largest dairy, farmer owned co-operative and the creator of household favourite brands such as Cravendale, Anchor, Lurpak & Castello plus many more. Our Oakthorpe Dairy in Palmers Green is part of our Southern milk supply campus, producing branded and own label fresh milk and cream. At Oakthorpe we employ over 200 colleagues and are currently investing over 10m Euros in upgrading the site in order to improve process capability and make the site more environmentally friendly. With more investment planned over the next 5 years there has never been a better time to join the team!
What will the role look like?
As a key member of the Site Leadership Team, you will provide strategic input to the Site Director. Day to day you will take accountability for the portfolio management of operational and CAPEX projects on site. You will be the key point of contact on site for support functions such as commercial, change management and investment whilst leading the site strategy.
- You will be responsible for managing the Site Master plan (including investment, capacity, technology, product, process and supplier plan)
- Coordinating the delivery of the project portfolio at site (operational through ONE CI, CAPEX and strategic projects), ensuring that all projects follow the agreed process and relevant systems are used effectively
- Lead site ONE CI tracking process and governance and coordinate with Reduced Complexity and Enhanced Procurement workstreams to ensure alignment
- Responsible for site performance management processes (including meeting structure, KPIs, boards and target settings)
- Act as the key contact and for support functions to site (including Product management, Procurement, Packaging Development, NPD and Engineering & Technology) primarily as part of projects and ONE CI delivery
- Prepare business cases, presentations and updates to Senior Leadership team / Site Director / UK steering forums regarding projects and site development plans
- Work in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders & site representatives
What do you need?
- Experience preparing business cases and strategic developments (site master plan)
- Significant manufacturing (operations or engineering) experience & degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experienced Project Manager (ideally including complex programs and PMO experience)
- Understanding of manufacturing investment strategy and financial inputs for business case proposals
- Ability to demonstrate experience in strategy preparation and execution ideally in manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills (all levels of the site, functions, stakeholders)
- Experienced in stakeholder management as well as skilled in collaboration with 3rd parties and external suppliers
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?