Head of Bakery Operations
About the job:
We’re on the hunt for a Head of Bakery Operations to lead our busy site in North-West Bristol. You will report to the Supply Chain Director and lead manufacturing, engineering and technical staff (totalling c.90) to deliver improved performance across a scorecard made-up of sustainability, customer/consumer-focussed, financial, colleague-considerate and process-centric goals.
This is a challenging role where the successful candidate has the opportunity to make a genuine difference to the performance of the business. You will need to be proactive with a strong bias for action, be commercially astute, able to prioritise and communicate, and have oodles of energy to bring to the role. It is essential that you have experience in a similar position and are comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Site leadership – deliver on the company’s vision and goals - primarily through heads of departments and support staff
- Reviewing the performance of all reporting functions – developing teams and streamlining processes
- Work within the company values (Pioneering, Indulgent, Ethical)
- Be a role model in terms of how to collaborate and influence in order to achieve improved performance
- Oversight of production volumes, site efficiency, quality assurance, health & safety.
- Budget controller and owner of site P&L – prime costs being labour, materials
- A food industry professional
- Strong all round communicator
- Structured and systematic
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and high level of comfort in developing improved practices and methodologies
- Experience of leading teams through change
- Highly organised, driven and enthusiastic
About the package…
- £71,748 base salary
- Performance based bonus’ and company bonus (up-to 20% of base)
- 40 hour contract
- Flexibility of working hours may be required
- Holidays (29 including Bank Holidays and then rising with service)
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Get involved with all of our charitable activity
About us …
Pieminister is a Bristol-based family business known for making award-winning pies. All Pieminister’s products are made in their own kitchens using good quality, sustainably sourced ingredients. In 2020, Pieminister drew up a series of ambitious goals to hit by 2025. The goals cover three key areas: animal & ecological welfare, climate change & waste, and human welfare & wellbeing.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter via the 'Apply' button below, with the reference: Head of Bakery Operations