Food Safety & Quality Coordinator
Salary: £25 - £30 K pa
Sherriff’s Foods based in Market Harborough, Leicestershire are part of the Moguntia Food Group which includes Moguntia Food Ingredients and Hay Hampers. Our employees are the groups most valued asset and as a Food Safety & Quality Coordinator - Operations and Technical Systems you would be part of the UK based family. We are very ‘customer centric’ and put the customer at the heart of everything we do and together as ONE team we work towards the success of those customers.
Reporting directly to the Product Technical Manager with working relationships across all business disciplines
The purpose of this role is to drive development and maintenance of Quality Management System in line with legal requirements and business commercial needs including gaining and retaining required 3rd party accreditations, such as BRC and key retailers certification.
The role will require close liaison with Operations Team as well NPD and Supply Base.
This role is wide and varied but pivotal to the business compliance strategy. Hence, we are looking for a professional enthusiastic person who can work in a team environment as well as in a more independent role as required.
- Provide guidance and support to operations team with regards to food safety and quality management.
- Manage Internal Audit Programme Manage Technical Systems Risk Assessments
- Liaise with suppliers in management or raw material and suppliers risk assessment systems
- Complete due diligence and process forms within strict deadlines
- Assist with NPD process Organising factory audits and closing out non-conformance
- Actively participate in HACCP Team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working within food manufacturing environment including legal and technical aspects of hygiene, pest management, weight control and foreign body detection.
- Qualifications in HACCP and Food Safety Level 3
- Qualification or experience of internal auditing Experience in application Risk Assessment methodology in the food business environment. Experience in hands-on management of weighing equipment and metal detectors Experience in working with suppliers and contractors
- Good IT skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team that is deadline-driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Good organisational skills Excellent communication skills
- Working understanding of BRC and retailer standards
- Experience auditing suppliers
- Hours of Work: Mon – Fri 40.00 hours per week
- Holidays: 33 days inc. bank holidays
- With additional Employee Benefits including:
- Free On Site Parking
- On Site Company Shop
- HealthShield plan