Production Shift Manager (Days / Monday - Friday)
Location : Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 2PG
Salary £30K-£32K DOE
Nim’s is a small business with great ambitions and a brilliant team. We are looking for a humble, hardworking, hands on production manager to lead the team and help us continue in our successful journey to date. We cannot stress enough that the position is for a manager who is willing to be hands on.
You will start your journey working on all the production lines, learning every aspect of processing and packing our products. This in-depth knowledge and experience is imperative for you to be an effective, empathetic and respected leader.
You will be surrounded by hard working, diligent, and the friendliest of teams and management. The opportunity for progression and promotion are there for the taking.
You will have:
- A pleasant, congenial, and respectful manner
- Willingness to get your hands dirty when required to do so
- Excellent communication skills and the instinct to understand how to engage with different personalities in your team
- Some knowledge of how processing and packing machinery works and be able to resolve minor problems.
- Be able to plan production and deploy the team in a manner that ensure best use of their abilities
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly with regards to production planning and controls.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of the site to ensure product is manufactured efficiently and effectively with due regard to all legal, safety and quality requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and be multi-skilled
You must have:
- Previous food production and management experience
- Experience in leading and training a production team.
- Good knowledge of food safety and food hygiene standards.
This role would suit someone currently in a Production Shift Manager, Production Supervisor or similar role who is looking for progression.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE