Multi-Skilled Shift Engineers (Mechanically Biased)
Commutable from Dudley, Wolverhampton, Bromsgrove, West Brom, Walsall, Redditch, Cannock
£40,000-£43,000 + Regular Overtime
12hr Shifts - 2 Days / 2 Nights / 4 Off
Benefits:- Private Pension, 24 Shift Holidays, Discounts At Most Retailers, Qualifications, Reduced Dental etc.
Our client is a leading food manufacturer, that values hard work, teamwork and developing people. They are part of a global group with multiple sites in the UK, this is their biggest factory employing over 500 people. They are looking for several Multi-Skilled Shift Engineers with a Mechanical Biased to join their growing teams.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for reactive & planned maintenance across all areas of engineering - manufacturing, production, site services, infrastructure & plant equipment
* Carry out PPM schedule effectively and efficiently
* Involved with site project work - installations & upgrades to machinery
* 75% faults are mechanical / 25% electrical
* Mechanical fabrication, fitting, welding & machining to make parts & repairs
* Working on high-speed food production & packaging lines, robotics, chillers, freezers, cooling tunnels, mixers, ovens, weighers, baggers, labellers, food processing equipment
* Dealing with pneumatics, motors, bearings, shafts, gearboxes, drives, hydraulics, compressors
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* MUST have completed a time-served recognised UK apprenticeship
* Have worked in food manufacturing or a similar fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Able to work to time sensitive breakdowns and repairs
* Worked on structured PPM's - on own initiative and as part of a team
* Must be a mechanically biased engineer
* Attitude is everything - wants engineers that are willing to get stuck in and learn new things
* City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 qualified in engineering as a minimum requirement
* Mechanical fabrication, fitting, welding, machining skills beneficial
* Comfortable working on site infrastructure and associated plant equipment
* Be a skilled engineering craftsman ideally
Shifts & Benefits Package:
* Hours:- 12hr Shifts - 2 Days / 2 Nights / 4 Off (7-7)
* Salary:- £40,000-£43,000 + Regular Overtime
* Benefits:- Private Pension, 20 Shift Holidays, Discounts At Most Retailers, Qualifications, Reduced Dental, Eyecare etc.
SE19967 / 534
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Managing Consultant Chris Gumm directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them for a confidential discussion on 01275 371981.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com