SNACK CREATIONS are at the forefront of the healthy snacks market and manufactures and supplies snack pellets to the major snacks manufacturers around the world.
We are looking for a Development Assistant to join the New Product Development (NPD) team to cover a period of maternity leave (up to 12 months). Reporting to the Head of Research & Development, you will conduct preparation and/or execution of Pilot Plant trials of pasta and snack extrusions to launch high quality products for consumers, you will help in analyses evaluation of raw materials and finished products to develop and successfully launch products on time, whilst upholding housekeeping is maintained to Food Safety Standards.
The responsibilities of this role include;
- Prepare and/or conduct pilot plant trials of Snack and Pasta Extrusions that can be physically demanding.
- Responsible to order and sort all stock of raw materials in weighing room, including analysis and shelf life.
- Accountable for controlling stock of finished products that are maintained as samples in the NPD LAB, as well as, sending and managing customer samples required from GY site within agreed timeframe.
- Support the NPD Technologists with assessments and analysis of Laboratory extrusions and factory trials, to evaluate process.
- Keep all paperwork in good order including record of all trials and experimental data as well as following the stage gate process of each project.
- Ensure laboratories and raw materials storage rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Working from both sites: Snack Creations – Great Yarmouth / Pasta Foods – Norwich.
- Participate in any other activities or carry out any other duties that may be outside the general remit, which will benefit the individual, department, or company.
Personal attributes we will be looking for are confidence, to be an excellent team player with the ability to work independently, a positive “can do” attitude, the ability to multitask and an all-round excellent communicator.