This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Operate processing and packing equipment that are equipped with a manufacturing recipe management system, batch cards, recipe sheets, SOPs and standard work instructions. Inspect and maintain safety (LOTO) and quality (HACCP / GMP) parameters and specification.
- Safe execution of equipment start-up and shutdown procedures.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Prepare production documents, such as manufacturing batch records, quality records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Adjustments of key variables/parameters of the process and demonstrate how adjustments impact the finished product.
- Execute Autonomous Maintenance activities - general cleaning, inspection and lubrication of equipment to prescribed standards.
- Detect equipment abnormalities and improve to prevent future equipment deterioration.
- Maintain equipment performance through the understanding of equipment structure and functions and able to discover the cause of equipment abnormalities.
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical and equipment electrical control systems.
- Work independently or with a team and utilize problem solving tools (RCA, 5 Why) to determine root cause, eliminate losses, and improve processes.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing/production role, food and drinks manufacturing experience preferred.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills e.g. English & Maths O’level/GCSE equivalent. Mechanical aptitude.
- Understand the relationship between quality values and company’s brand and image.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work and colleagues, able to work in a team.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.