Job Purpose: As the company’s credit controller, you will be responsible for managing a section of the company’s debtors assigned to you, ensuring accounts are kept within agreed payment terms and overdue debt is minimized or eliminated. You will also ensure that bad debts are avoided by implementing good credit control procedures and by following company guidelines.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Maintain/reconcile sales ledger.
• Resolve any queries and discrepancies with customers and internally.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure speedy resolution of customer queries.
• Develop and maintain contact with clients to ensure invoices are cleared for payment when due.
• Send out month end statements by email.
• Debt collection by phone/email/letter.
• Send out copy invoices, credit notes and statements as requested.
• Monitor and update the “accounts on hold” list daily.
• Prepare month end reporting with commentary for review with the finance manager and management accountant.
• Complete credit review forms as required.
• Liaise with management accountant/finance manager regarding any delinquent accounts.
• Opening new accounts when required.
• Ad hoc office duties and filing as requested.
• Sending final demands as needed and liaising with solicitors to recover unpaid amounts and applying for CCJ’s.
The duties and responsibility highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post.
Health & Safety - Commitment to Safety:
• Report all accidents incidents and near misses to your line manager in a timely manner.
• Cooperate with all instructions provided by the company in relation to all matters relating to Health and Safety.
• Do not place yourself or others at risk of an accident or Ill health.
• Always report any concerns regarding health and safety matters to your line manager immediately
Behaviours are expected from each CFF employee.
• Team spirit: is acting in consideration with needs and interests of the group instead of his/her individual interests, contributing actively to a join result or solution to a problem, is always willing to lend a hand.
• Comply to rules: comply with the rules set up by the Company and by the work environment. Is reliable, able to be trusted to do right things, deserves imitation.
• Proactive: is able to come up with new ideas, original solutions for the business. Always looking for improvement. Self-starting rather than waiting passively to see what happens