Universal Flexible Packaging Limited are a UK innovative one-stop solution for:
- Film Supplies – Plain, Printed or Laminate Packaging Services Packaging Innovations – Pouches, Quad Seal, Film Packaging Design Design Printing – Rotogravure & Flexographic Product Storage Recyclable Materials
With our experienced, qualified and committed staff we aim to achieve the very best in achieving our company goals, deliver excellent services, and provide innovative business solutions whilst ensuring the safety and welfare of our employees as a top priority. Our Vision is to be the best packaging service provider within our business market and to always provide the upmost security and safety from our services.
Universal Flexible Packaging Limited are delighted to open the requirement for the role of Engineer to be the next valuable and innovative employee to the business. With the ever-growing changes in regulations and maintenance impacts which affect our ever-increasing business practices in packaging, the company considers this role to be a great opportunity for growth, training and influx of future knowledge as well as valuable experiences. The role as Engineer will have selected responsibilities as determined by the company and shall report directly to the Engineering Manager. The Engineer may also be required to assist additional senior management within their given departments that has been initially agreed with the Engineering Manager for the needs of the company and for audit requirements.
The Engineer will conduct the following primary requirements as deemed by the company:
- Oversee full maintenance and repair of all machinery within both packaging sites; Minimise production downtime for the business and provide solutions; Work directly with the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, Group Technical Manager and Hygiene Manager in advising and enacting any structural or engineering alterations to the company sites; Oversee all contractors that are required at both sites and to maintain a safe working environment during any contractual work; Maintain building controls, external and internal building fabrications; Along with the Health & Safety Manager, develop and offer engineering solutions towards health & safety practices within the company; Become the direct point of contact for any mechanical emergencies and have a planned maintenance system in place; Promote and deliver training to all production staff where machinery or technology may be a requirement of the packaging process; Maintain strong site security to include biometrics, SINICA and computer support; The issue and completion of any permits to work required by the company; To update and manage the CMMS engineering report system
The Engineer shall also assist to deliver the following in regard to the company vision and success:
- Plan preventative maintenance ;Ensure all equipment has the correct safety procedures in place; Assist the Health & Safety Manager in promoting and maintaining excellent health and safety at work Improve quality in the production facility via planned maintenance; Cost reductions; Deliver audit assistance from an engineering and maintenance perspective; Attend appropriate training courses that would be deemed as beneficial to the company’s needs from an engineering perspective; Work on the following equipment: Flow Wrapper, Slitting Machines, Check Weighers, Metal Detectors, Label Printing Machines, Vertical Form Fill & Seal Machines, Conveyor Systems, Hydraulics, Bearings, Motors, Popcorn Popping and Seasoning Machines.
The Engineer must have the following attributes to be successful within the role:
- Professional, driven and possess a highly motivated attitude; Excellent management skills, people skills and can manage multiple projects; Maintain excellent communication and representation to all clients; Are able and available to conduct national and international travel; Possess a full, clean UK driving license; Punctual, smart and convey the company culture and identity to a high standard; Be required to go the ‘extra mile’ in line with workload capacity and willingness to assist the business
The Engineer shall ideally be NVQ qualification in an Engineering discipline or possess 2+ years’ experience within an engineering role.
The Engineer shall also be required to work towards obtaining or refreshing the following qualifications:
- Certified COSHH trained; Certified as a Risk Assessor; Suitable Advance Engineering Qualification; Certified as HACCP trained to Level 2 (as a minimum); Experience in BRCGS or ISO auditing compliance requirements essential; Working at Heights, Confined Spaces; Fire Marshall Training; Forklift counterbalance license; IPAF; Any certifications for engineering purposes that may require re-training or regulatory update within a 5 year period
Please refer to the Engineering Manager for additional clarity on this role description. Any changes that are required or recommended shall be discussed in full co-operation with the Engineering Manager & HR Manager to ensure the professional nature and continued structure of the business.
Working hours shall be determined as 40 hours per week with 1 hour given as a daily unpaid break. The role includes a call out rotation currently of one week in three being on call 24/7. Any activities that includes travel or longer durations of time away from the head office shall be arranged and organised beforehand by the Company Director or HR Manager.
In the event of sickness or holiday absence, the role of the Engineer shall be covered by the Engineering Team.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to know more, please feel free to e-mail a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com