Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Reports to: Line Manager
Company: BerryWorld Group
Location: Various locations within the UK depending on business requirements
Salary: £22,000 with opportunity to rise subject to performance
To acquire sufficient knowledge and experience to fulfil a production, packing or technical role in a managerial capacity at the end of the training period.
Key Accountabilities and Objectives:
Depending on the specific rotations of the graduate scheme these may include:
- Soft fruit production and protection How to successfully grow and harvest soft fruit crops Understanding and application of agronomic practices How to manage a workforce
- Packhouse management, quality assurance and auditing How to meet customer quality expectations Understanding of the chill chain and process flow Meeting customer deadlines How to manage a workforce
- Plant production and propagation How to successfully grow and harvest commercial plant material Understanding of plant breeding and propagation Meeting customer deadlines How to manage a workforce
- An understanding of Customer-Grower interactions How to successfully market soft fruit to commercial retailers Understanding of the relationship management between customer and grower Meeting customer deadlines Understanding how local production fits within global fruit production
- Agroeconomic sustainability and Biodiversity Understanding the factors affecting sustainable soft fruit production How to manage and compile trial data Look at new technologies to improve suitability Find ways to increase IPM efficacy in soft fruit production
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with people at all levels Self-organised with an ability to plan a workload Resilience, the ability to work in pressurised situations and numerous weather conditions Flexibility, the ability to occasionally work unsociable hours and drive long distances Good time management skills, accustomed to meeting time critical deadlines Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn quickly
Company Initiatives and Compliance
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values. To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role. Participate in training and personal development activities as required Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Other Information: This is a two-year trainee scheme made up of scheduled placements; these are likely to vary in location and ability to relocate is pre-requisite.