Global Marketing Reporting & Automation Director - Haddenham
The Global Marketing Reporting & Automation Director is responsible for managing a team of data scientists and business intelligence analysts to deliver automated reporting and analytics tools to drive business decisions and results. McCormick is on a mission to build a Consumer Intelligence Hub, to democratize data access to enable Marketing and Sales teams have the data they need to make better, data-driven decisions. The individual will partner with Marketing and Sales regional teams to identify the biggest opportunities where analytics tools can be improved to elevate the analytics maturity of the Marketing function, and to scale these tools quickly across the globe.
- Own the strategy and roadmap for the Global Marketing Reporting & Automation team; collaborate with Marketing and Sales regional teams to identify opportunities where analytics tools can deliver significant time savings and/or growth insights
- Provide management, direction, and development to a team of 2-3 data scientists and business intelligence analysts
- Lead team to build the Consumer Intelligence hub, a one-stop-shop for consumer & market data; scale existing tools to new markets and develop innovative new tools to solve unmet needs
- Deliver global sales & share reporting to senior leaders to influence short and long-term company strategies
- Increase data literacy of the Marketing function by creating content for Analytics 101 training in Marketing Academy and by upskilling analytics practitioners in key reporting and automation skill areas
- Leverage external connections to bring fresh thinking and innovative new tools that deliver value to the MKC top and bottom line, and establish MKC as an Analytics thought leader
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Data Analytics/Science, Business, or closely related field
- 7+ years business experience, including analytics, data science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to connect the dots between complex data/analytics and business understanding
- Demonstrated sound understanding of concepts, principles and practices in Marketing and Sales
- Demonstrated skills and results in analyzing complex datasets, generating insights and building statistical models
- Experience with data visualization software (Power BI preferred)
- Comfortable working with structured and unstructured data sources, including syndicated data, SAP
- Demonstrated experience in coaching & developing others through formal direct management or indirectly through cross-functional influence
- Proven project leadership experience with demonstrated success in balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; foresees and addresses issues before they become significant obstacles
- Strong technical curiosity, a passion for problem solving and the ability to uncover richness of analytic insight that translates to business opportunity and influences company growth agenda
- Ability to synthesize analytic learnings and translate into compelling stories for a business audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence across all levels of the organization to sell in project plans and drive decision making
- Effective at building collaborative, cross functional and cross-geography partnerships
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong personal leadership, including attention to detail, quality of work and bias toward action
- Ability to travel internationally, as needed (0-5%)
- CPG or Food/Bev experience
- Experience with data management, integration & harmonization of disparate datasets
- Experience with building data models, machine learning and/or AI
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 98880).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.