4 on 4 off Nights
Up to £42,000 + excellent benefits
My client is looking for a strong candidate to head up the Quality department. They are a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose. With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all QA team members are fully trained to be able to carry out their job responsibilities to a high standard.
- To manage and motivate a team of Quality Assurance personnel, who will audit the Quality Systems according to a defined schedule.
- To ensure that all technical policies and procedures are adhered to within the manufacturing environment and review compliance.
- HACCP - ensure that CCP are monitored and verified
- To ensure Technical Systems are adequately monitored so that documentary evidence can be provided to support a "due diligence" defense in the event of a food safety or quality issue.
- Manage process deviations e.g., RM Concession & RFT/Incidents
- Ensure all agreed testing schedules are adhered to e.g., finished products, environment, taste panel
- Attend customer panels as required.
- Support the site actively during Customer or Third-Party Audits
- Investigation of customer complaints and trending and communication of these investigations to customers as appropriate
- Technical liaison for contractors and service providers e.g., pest control contractor
- Planning and maintaining the validation schedule
- To ensure raw materials are tested to an agreed schedule
- Manage the supplier non-conformance system to ensure raw materials meet specification or is rejected
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Chilled Food Manufacturing background - minimum of 2 years' experience
- Management of small team of people
- Good knowledge of Validation & Verification
- Ability to write reports & analyse data
- Internal Auditing Qualification (Lead Auditor or similar)
- Sound knowledge of BRC v8 & interpreting customer policies
- Private medical insurance
To apply please email your CV / resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk