Alexander Steele are assisting another well established client who are in the market for a Technical Compliance Manager to be based at their site in Suffolk
This is a No.2 role in the Technical division reporting into the Head of Technical, this role will have responsibility over 4 direct reports and you will deputise for the Head of Technical in their absence.
My client are manufacturing food products for the retail sector and have already launched a number of new products with more planned as part of their current investment strategy.
You will work Monday to Friday and the salary on offer is up to £50k plus benefits dependant on your experience.
- You will ensure full compliance to the BRC standard, all retailer manufacturing standards, codes of practice and current industry legislation.
- A key part of the role is that both the Factory & Technical functions are kept up to date on all food safety & legislative changes, taking into consideration their implications for the site & raw materials used.
- You will manage the day to day activities of the QA department, QMS and the specification coordinator/administrator to ensure that all factory processes/products and retailer specifications are maintained in good order and are kept up to date as well as ensuring internal and external customers technical data is kept up to date and maintained.
- Also you will support the Quality Manager in the ‘translation’ of all document-controlled paperwork for the factory
- You will be responsible for the supplier approval/VACCP/TACCP/Internal audit data base(s) including raw material risk assessment ensuring that both the site and retailer codes of practice are adhered too.
- You must have experience in a Technical supervisory role within Food Manufacturing
- Ideally you will have a background of working within Chilled/Fresh foods and you will also have clear evidence of managing a QA/Tech team.
- Experience of supplying major food retailers
So if this role is of interest then please forward me your CV by applying through this advert, if you want to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please call Giuseppe Leo at Alexander Steel directly on 0131 370 9191 or email him confidentially at Giuseppe.Leo@alexandersteele.com. We look forward to hearing from you.