QA Lab Technician
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Conduct quality sampling, analysis & reporting for raw materials, work in progress, finished products and environmental samples.
- Timely and accurate maintain data systems to ensure compliance to traceability standards and key performance indicators.
- Support sensory activities: taste panels, sample preparation, sample collection, sample submissions, processing of results.
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP), good laboratory practices (GLP) and master cleaning schedules (MCS).
- Comply with Company, third party and Customer standards demonstrated by successful completion of Inter-lab proficiency schemes, routine refresher training and competency assessments.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment.
- Support with complaint investigations, analysing data and providing information as required.
- Involvement in root cause analysis processes for site, representing QA / sensory and providing expertise for their area.
- Conduct internal audits (quality systems, food safety, glass and Health & Safety).
- Further educated to HNC or equivalent in a science subject (preferably chemistry / biochemistry).
- Practical experience of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Experience in similar role in a manufacturing environment working within QA / Sensory
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within the business as well as with external contactors.
- PC literate with the ability to interpret analytical and microbiological data.
- Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.