QA Assistant - BRISTOL
About the role
Working closely with a team of QA assistants, you will ensure that quality standards at the Pieminister Kitchens are being complied with and ensuring tasks relating to quality, safety and legality are completed by supporting production and by carrying out specific tasks outlines by the quality management system.
Responsibilities and skills:
Variety of responsibilities including:
- Reviewing production records, including reviewing compliance with CCP requirements, and reporting non-conformances immediately
- Checking labels for retail and wholesale products to ensure compliance
- Conducting allergen swabs on equipment, raw materials and finished goods
- Carrying out quality monitoring tasks
- Conducting GMP and fabric audits
- Monitoring cleaning practices with hygiene and allergens swabs, including collecting environmental swabs for microbiological testing
- Verification of equipment including scales and probes
- Conducting CCP audits and competency assessments of key procedures
We are looking for either an experienced QA or an enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn and an interest in food manufacturing. The candidate should have a good level of communication skills, attention to detail and be able to work well as part of a team.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible to work morning shift, evening shifts and sometimes weekends
- A strong communicator with good written and computer skills
- A good team player, collaborative and enjoyable to work with
Degree or equivalent in food science or similar. Degree educated and reference to working with food (e.g., restaurant, manufacturing, catering), or A Level or equivaled educated and QA experience in food manufacturing
About our pay and benefits
We offer a comprehensive package, which like our pies aims to cater to all. From free food, tea & coffee, and time off to support your passion to training, coaching and skills based progression plan. There’s something for everyone here.
- Salary of £22,000 with up to 15% of annual salary in bonuses
- Quarterly Performance Bonus (up to 7.5% of salary)
- Annual Business Performance Bonus (up to 7.5% of salary)
- Plan for the future with company pension contributions
- 29 days holiday (pro rata), plus 1 day extra per year you work with us (up to 4 years)
- 1 paid volunteering day a year
- All the pies you could eat at cost price
- One-to-one online coaching with More Happi
- Up to £500 worth of pie and mash for the wedding of your dreams
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Staff discount meals in our restaurants and lunch on us every week (Pie day Friday!)
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
From a small pie kitchen, café and festival stall in 2004, Pieminister has grown into the UK’s No 1 premium hot pie brand. An independent family business with its foundations firmly rooted in sustainability, Pieminister is well on its way to becoming a B-Corp and aims to be carbon neutral by 2025: just one of the commitments laid out in the company’s Pies.Planet.People goals.
With a growing number of Pie & Mash restaurants opening across the UK and 100s of retailers and pubs stocking their award winning products, Pieminister has gained a reputation as the go-to pie for those in the know.
Like many businesses, the pandemic has presented some significant challenges for Pieminister to overcome. However, tireless efforts on COVID-security and re-shaping the business to thrive in the future means that the company is financially fit and ready to leap towards significant growth once more.
The company is led by its original founders, brothers-in-law Jon and Tris. Their Pie Crew is a strong team of enthusiastic, entrepreneurial people who work hard and have fun. Everyone is included, respected and is committed to drive positive change together, one pie at a time!
As part of our Pies Planet People goals, we are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive culture, where everyone feels valued and has their voice heard. As an equal opportunities employer we want our workplace to be somewhere everyone knows they are truly welcome.