Senior Food Technologist
- KPI Recruitment Ltd
- £25,000 - 35,000
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2022
- New Product Development, Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Here is a varied technical/NPD position for 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of research contract and training projects.
- Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports under supervision to agreed standards
- Design and provide support training courses and present (PowerPoint) on external/internal training courses.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries with support as appropriate using information retrieved from relevant sources. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Through implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of research, contract and training in line with the focus area of the job.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line Manager
- Maintenance of equipment and records for business management system purposes
- Assist with hygiene/good housekeeping activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject preferably food science/technology or equivalent experience gained through working in the food industry
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years (3 to 5) experience of NPD and/or food processing.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients and suppliers regarding development/research projects
- A demonstrable understanding of NPD, and food processing preferably with formulation experience in either beverages, dairy, meat or vegan products sectors. An understanding of the thermal processing of liquid products would be preferable.
- Good verbal and communication skills to support business development and training offerings.
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Effective project management skills from recent experience in the food industry
- Generally, IT literate- with good knowledge of Excel
Own transport essential.
Indicative Salary Range: £25000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
KPI Recruitment Ltd. recruit Senior, Technical and Management staff for the UK Food & Drinks Manufacturing Industry. Handling and filling some of the best vacancies in the FMCG sector, candidates and companies alike have benefited from KPI’s innovative approach to filling Food & Drinks Manufacturing Industry jobs throughout the UK. Whether you have vacancies you need to fill or you are a candidate looking for jobs in the UK Food & Drink Manufacturing industry, call us for a confidential discussion of your FMCG requirements.
• Technical/QA/QC - Assistants, Auditors, Supervisors & Managers
• Ops./Production Supervisors & Managers
• Product/Process Development Technologists/Managers
• Hygiene Supervisors/Managers
• Development Chefs
• Health & Safety - Advisors/Managers
• Mechanical, Electrical, Multiskilled Engineers/Managers
• Laboratory Analysts, Assistants, Microbiologists & Managers
• Supply Chain - Planners, Buyers, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing Supervisors & Managers
- 0131 226 1044
1 St Colme St
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert