PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $68 billion in net revenue in 2020, driven by a complimentary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
PepsiCo is currently looking for a Process Specialist to join our team in Lincoln site.
- Focusing on improving standards (target 80% of time) through QCDM framework - Identify opportunities for improvements and drive actions to correct.
- Owning the methodology to support others to "Maintain the Standard" through coaching problem solving skills on shift
- LSS Kaizen leader/Green belt - responsible for delivering improvement projects including productivity
- Coaching and development of the site trainers and pipeline specialists
- Ensuring training material & validation process is optimised and fit for purpose through collaboration with Trainers & MPE Execute team
- Stakeholder for New Product Development commercial trials
- Leading and supporting improvement projects, through the change management process, from minor changes through to Capex justification and commissioning
- Owning and auditing of standard settings (IPS & system audits)
- Developing Continuous Improvement culture through using the QCDM framework and methodology
- Ownership of standard work for ZO and GOs within their area of responsibility
- Work closely with the Shift leadership team to coach appropriate problem solving tools to preventative actions.
- Educated to degree level or of degree calibre
- Good Technical/Process engineering knowledge with experience in Continuous improvement
- Foundational Lean knowledge and use of lean tools
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in a consistent, methodical way when problem solving
- Capable of planning complex trials, data collation and analysis
- Understanding of production systems with ability to document, track and audit information
- Coach and facilitator with a passion for developing & training others
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a co-operative style that builds strong relationships and respect with others
- Assertive, independent and self-sufficient, with the ability to cope effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to develop a culture of problem solving within the operational frontline team
- Ability to think strategically and develop action plans through the prioritisation of work streams.