Role: Engineering Manager
Salary: £75,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus, Healthcare and Pension
Henderson Brown are pleased to be working with a valued client of ours to recruit an Engineering Manager for one of their sites based in Lincolnshire.
Our client is one of the most respected and forward-thinking businesses in their industry and has built a great reputation from constantly investing in their machinery and infrastructure. With a state-of-the-art facility and some fantastic growth plans over the next few years, you will be joining the business at a great time with the chance to make great changes to an ever-developing engineering department.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
* Previous food industry experience
* An Engineering Degree or HND standard of education
* People management experience
* Basic food hygiene knowledge
* Commercial mindset
* CAPEX budget experience
* Be computer literate.
* NEBOSH, LOLER, PUWER experience
Main accountabilities for this role:
* Overarching responsibility for the maintenance of the site, building and machinery. Day to day decisions for the effective running of the Engineering function and plant.
* To implement best practices & support site and business strategies through the development & involvement of the team and individuals, ensuring achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) through continuous improvement.
* Management of the Engineering budget and spend including project management of CAPEX and investments.
* Manage the output of the engineering department with limited downtime, while keeping policies and procedures up to date also ensuring all statutory testing of equipment, buildings and fixtures are carried out in line with EU & UK legislation.
* Manage overall Health and Safety of the department ensuring risk assessments are reviewed, safe systems of work & permits to work are implemented for your team and for those contracted for engineering works.
* Will be required to lead, manage, motivate and develop your team. You will need to demonstrate an energetic and positive 'can do' approach to man management and achieve a good balance between 'hands-on' & 'hands off' in style.
* Maintain and improve all aspects of team performance. Develop personal coaching skills to improve the team and individual performance. Increase team participation in continuous improvement processes. Identify and implement training and development opportunities for teams & individuals. Ensure that performance and conduct of individuals meets required standards.
* To look to identify areas of improvement, opportunity and innovation and communicate these to the relevant personnel.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via this website, or call Matt our Engineering Specialist at Henderson Brown Recruitment on 07881388463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.