National Account Controller - Retail
Location: Greater London (NW)
Fresh Produce / Prepared Foods
As a leading fresh food business in the UK, this growing organisation have several international locations and are currently in a phase of rapid growth. They supply the retail, wholesale, and food service sectors throughout the UK, and have many long-standing customer relationships.
Due to recent success, they now require a National Account Controller with previous experience in the fresh produce or chilled prepared sectors, to manage a small commercial team.
The role is responsible to lead, develop and deliver commercial relationships with some of the UKs major multiples.
Brand management is an important aspect of the role, focused on increasing sales through the creation and development of sustainable marketing plans and achievement of budgeted KPI’s.
This is a fast-paced and exciting environment, where you will not only be focused on the customer accounts, but also having daily contact with various departments including procurement, technical, quality, and the farms.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a commercial team in a fresh produce or fresh prepared environment.
- Extensive experience of working within the UK fresh produce industry.
- A strong track record of chilled category management.
- Agriculture and Agronomic understanding.
- International experience – logistics, cultural and motivational understanding.
- An understanding of BRC, Leaf, TNC, Global Gap, ETI and Organics as required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to act independently
- Advanced skills in MS Office
Applicants at National Account Manager level also considered.
The salary and package are negotiable but will include a bonus and car allowance.