Technical Account Manager
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops.
Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
Supplying our premium produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers and restaurants, we are very proud of what we do and how we do it. With our impressive green credentials, we truly are committed to sustainability, demonstrating continued investment in the latest technologies to help maintain our carbon neutral footprint.
An exciting opportunity for a talented Technical Account Manager to join our busy Team.
Applications are invited from committed, reliable and proactive individuals, capable of operating efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic working environment. Reporting directly to the Senior Technical Account Manager, candidates will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, confident of liaising at all levels both internally and externally, helping to maximise client engagement and unlock new business opportunities.
Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail, the Technical Account Manager will manage high profile retail accounts by interacting directly with the technical and commercial managers. Delivering the business and technical strategy for each customer, whilst driving quality through collaborative, quality improvement plans involving the supply base, factory, farm and customer. Duties will also include analysing and managing customer performance data and enabling continuous improvement prioritisation. You will be working closely with the business to ensure customer requirements are communicated and met.
- General account management for high profile retail and food service customers
- Develop Technical strategy based on customer requirements and business strategy
- Working collaboratively with Commercial, Production and QA teams to ensure effective account performance
- Communicate and implement strategy plans internally
- Develop Customer quality improvement plans
- Manage and orchestrate customer site visits and pre-production runs
- Maintain customer score cards to seek and achieve continuous improvement
- Manage NPD and EPD product launches and packaging trials
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building ability
- Previous experience in Quality or Technical Management (or equivalent discipline)
- Previous FMCG or Food/Produce experience desirable
- Knowledge of retailer codes of practice, requirements & systems desirable
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Effective project/priority management
- Food Safety Level 2
- HACCP Level 2
- UK driving licence and ability to travel within the UK
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, emails and the internet
Why Work for Barfoots?
- Investors in People Silver Award
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- Benefits Platform
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Approved centre for Highfield qualifications
- Free on-site parking
- Committed to sustainability