Are you hungry for development?
Do you have a healthy appetite for challenge?
Join the McCormick Functional Graduate Programme
Rotational Graduate Programmes based in Haddenham & Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a world-class manufacturer of flavour solutions, where you will grow your knowledge and experience through participation in our 2-year programme, starting from September 2022.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
Participating in the McCormick UK Graduate Programme provides the opportunity to build your career with a global leader in the food industry. You will participate in challenging projects, rotating across Supply Chain across Haddenham and Peterborough (Procurement, Operations, Supply Chain) and Commercial in Haddenham to grow your experience and capability across functions and enjoy our culture based on our belief in the 'Power of People'.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong Technical or Commercial degree preferred – predicted 2:1 or above
- Demonstration of commercial acumen, desire to work in an international business and corporate environment
- Leadership potential: we are looking for talented future leaders who want to and can make a big difference to McCormick
- Demonstrated experience of working in a successful Project team, including organisation, flexibility, teamwork, prioritisation
- Able to analyse and present accurate basic statistical data to a broad range of individuals
- A strong team player, able to build effective, collaborative relationships
- A highly driven individual, with strong learning agility, open to new challenges and happy to work with cross functional teams and cultures
- A vibrant individual, who is capable of quick decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to their work environment
- A graduate who is IT Savvy, particularly in Office365 environment
- Fluent English speaker and a second language would be advantageous
- Interested in a career in the food industry
WHAT WILL YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE?
- Directly owning spend categories to create a sourcing strategy and drive value
- Owning a major change project with our supply base that will make a big difference to how we manage our external spend
- Working with stakeholders across multiple functions to make a positive difference to procurement’s value add to the business – e.g. operations, logistics, marketing, finance
- Working with the Operations Management team, to develop key operational and best-practice skills within the food manufacturing environment
- Experiencing the role of Team Leader from time-to-time, to help you develop and grow as an individual and attain the skills required for the next level of management
- Supporting the Team Leader in prioritizing the activities of the team, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identifying Continuous Improvement projects and working with cross-functional teams using best-practice manufacturing techniques such as LEAN, Kaizen and SMED techniques
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices, using our behavioural safety programme ‘Safestart’ and ensuring your team operates within our ‘safe systems of work’
- Full ownership and management of a small portfolio of finished goods including planning, communication and issue resolution with supply chain, operations and the customer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage a supply chain project working cross functionally to deliver a cost/ time benefit to the business.
- Learn and explore new systems / reports to leverage new information for the planning team.
- Complete ownership of minor multiple accounts to build the fundamental learnings of account management
- Support Senior Sales team in creation of sales strategies, promotional planning and business plan execution
- Management of key projects within the sales function, supporting the wider UK consumer business unit in measuring key performance indicators.
- Customer account management, maintaining and building customer relationships, which is key to building the fundamental learnings of account management.
- Selling McCormick capability to targeted strategic customers across all categories including flavour, extracts, condiments, herbs & spices and seasonings.
- Support Flavour Solutions commercial team to deliver sales targets and growth initiatives.
- Managing customer promotion planning, sales forecasts, pricing, New Product Development (NPD) launches, NPD Projects, delivering budgeted New Sales Volume $ growth.
- Management of key projects within the commercial function and interacting with cross-functional teams including R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, and External Customers with the EMEA region.
WHO IS McCORMICK?
With over 13,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales. McCormick manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
Grow your career and apply to join our program today at: firstname.lastname@example.org