Senior Director Global Flavor Solutions Strategy
Reporting to VP, Corporate Strategy, the Senior Director Global Flavor Solutions Strategy will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy Team helping contribute to the Global Flavor Solutions Strategy to identify and execute global strategic initiatives to support the enterprise roadmap.
The position will lead prioritized global initiatives and work with regional business and cross functional teams to align prioritization and resource allocation to deliver global scale.
In addition, the position will help feed into the agenda of the Flavor Solutions Strategy Council. This role will also lead global workstreams to support the Flavor Solutions Strategy Council Agenda.
The position will be responsible for Strategic analysis and insights related to competitive assessment, business and industry dynamics, market visits, consumer insight.
The position will also be required to report periodically to the Management Committee updating on project and strategy progress.
- Strategic Leadership and Business Planning for Global Flavor Solutions
- Develop Global Strategic frameworks for aligned territories and ensure activation plans either from the regions or support functions advance the strategic direction
- Lead global strategic projects working cross functionally and regionally to drive not only project delivery but also challenge current paradigms and drive new ways of working. Eg Global Branding, Technology Platforms,
- Monitor and facilitate activation of the Flavor Solutions Strategic Roadmap through the Flavor Solutions Strategy Council, including building the monthly agenda and delivery against key metrics
- Strategic analysis and insights related to competitive assessment, business and industry dynamics, market visits, consumer insight.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing /Economics/ Business Administration
- 10 years commercial experience leading and managing significant Flavors portfolio (ideally with experience in a top 5 Flavor House)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex categories and markets and develop business building insights.
- Strong influencing skills across different levels and ability to lead without formal authority
- Strong business sense and bias for action coupled with strong strategic skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills required for leadership and working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Global mindset and cross-cultural competency
- Strong organizational skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong consulting, innovation, and design thinking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Teams
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.