We have an exciting opportunity for the Quality Controller to join our support team at production unit at Barking, East London.
You will work closely and repot to Head of Technical assisting in regular quality spot checks, keeping up to date all Food Safety and liaise with Production Managers on reporting any technical issues of the production unit. You will also be responsible for adhering to BRC standards including traceability checks.
- Audit stored ingredients / mixes and inform Head of Technical or Factory Production Manager about out of date or out of specific ingredients by carrying out spot checks.
- Carryout checks on the quality of incoming raw materials and contact supplier for all non-conforming raw materials.
- Monitor, record and action on the results of Weekly GMP audit in the GMP database and communicate them to the Managers and other individuals.
- Carryout out regular spot checks on staff’s personal hygiene, CCP paperwork filling, hygiene of the area and equipment’s.
- Carryout and report daily startup and in-process hygiene audits.
- Check daily & weekly paperwork and file them on the respective folders.
- Report any technical issues to Production Shift Managers and ensure effective actions are taken.
- Ensure out of specification products are prevented from moving forward in production process by reporting unresolved technical issues.
- Gather and prepare microbiological samples, input data onto the computer, meet micro schedules, complete swabs, water samples and send them to the lab.
- Investigate customer’s complaint.
- Carryout traceability checks as an when required, present product traceability report to the auditors.
- Ensure staffs and you are adhering to company’s Food Safety & hygiene policy & procedures and to BRC standards.
- Any other reasonable requests made of you by a line or senior manager.
· Level 2 or 3 Food Science or any similar qualification.
· Previous experience working in a similar technical position within food manufacturing would be welcomed but not essential
· Familiar with BRC requirements and HACCP.
· Excel and Outlook skills.
· Have a positive “can do” attitude.
· Organized, driven and enthusiastic.
· Structured and systematic.
· Have good communication skills.
· Competitive salary.
· Food allowance for each shift you work.
· Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme.
· Cycle to work scheme.
· 50% discount for all our food and drinks in all of our stores.
If we seem like the family for you, and the job is of a interest, apply now!