Livestock Procurement Manager - Melton Mowbray
Foyle Melton Mowbray requires a Livestock Procurement Manager to be based at their site, located at Six Hills Lane, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of most progressive beef processing groups in the UK and Ireland.
In this role, you will be responsible for the procurement of livestock from existing suppliers, prepare delivery schedules to the abattoir, purchase reports, identify new livestock suppliers and cultivate relationships with current suppliers and key industry contacts. This is a “hands on role” with livestock suppliers. You will be required to have a strong agricultural background and knowledge of beef farming is considered essential.
You will be the primary point of contact for all livestock producers supplying the Melton site, spending time with them to understand their needs, identify changes and cultivate relationships with current livestock suppliers – whilst promoting the FOYLE brand to help secure new livestock producers.
You should have the following essential criteria:
- 3rd Level Education qualification or equivalent in agricultural / Food related discipline
- Previous experience within the Livestock supply chain
- Proficient I.T. Skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Accuracy in recording information and attention to detail
- Good team player who is flexible and reliable in your approach
- Hold a current valid UK driving license
The Company reserve the right to adjust the criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
If you believe that you have the desire and discipline for the role please forward your CV or request an application form, from the undermentioned address.