Are you a HSE site lead currently and wanting to progress and experience more with a growing business?
We would love to hear from you! This role leads the HSE team reporting directly into the UK Head of Operations and needs someone who likes to work autonomously to drive their own department, developing and supporting the site towards an exciting future!
Reporting directly to the UK Head of Operations, the HSE Manager is responsible for advising management and employees on all aspects of health safety and environment issues. Your Aim: “to ensure a safe working environment for all our people, including temporary workers”
- Responsible for driving the Health, Safety & Environmental strategies/culture for the site, through adequate and fit for purpose HSE Management systems, whilst ensuring continuous evolution and improvement
- Accountable for the Near Miss recording, driving of actions, and close-out rates based on order of priority/risk
- Ensure that all accidents are fully documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented, working towards the site KPI’s
- Site lead/expert in relation to all governing body involvement relating to any HS&E issues.
- Responsible for all HS&E interaction with our insurers, advising the business on best practice and cost mitigation
- Ensure that all safety inspections such as risk assessments, Legionella controls, etc. are carried out in a timely manner to adequate standards to safeguard the business against any potential risks
- Co-ordinate the development of HSE Policies, Systems, and Procedures for the site
- Co-ordinate training activities relating to HS&E requirements in close conjunction with HR, meeting all legislative obligations
- Role model for good safety practice
- Line manage Security Officers
- Lead site Health Safety & Environment meetings
- Create an environment where knowledge is shared, and best practice is adopted.
- Implement all Company policy and procedures within the workplace
We are looking for someone who has worked in an FMCG environment, ideally food manufacturing but not essential if you can adapt quickly! This role is standalone, and you need to be comfortable setting the direction, delivering against the business strategy whilst also being a hands-on manager and member of the site management team.
What is needed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- A brilliant relationship builder.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good judgment and analytical ability.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience of driving changes and improvements
If this really sounds like you could be our next ‘HSE Superstar’ and you want to be considered for the HSE Manager role, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to SJR Partners holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to our website. Our ongoing aim is to contact everyone either way within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
Alternative Job titles
HSE Lead | HSE Coordinator | Health & Safety Manager | EHS Manager | Health Safety & Environmental Manager | Leicestershire | Derbyshire | Nottinghamshire | Loughborough | East Midlands