Product Development Manager - FTC - Preston, Lancashire
Booths is a successful retailer who have been trading for 175 years. We are a family based business with 28 stores in the North of England. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a fantastic team for 12 months on a fixed term contract as a Product Development. Responsible for the development and launch of products according to the Booths Brand Strategy. Leading a team of Developers and Technologists to ensure the gated process is followed, suppliers are safe, legal and compliant and supporting our own Manufacturing sites to ensure we maximize sales and deliver Booths overall Commercial Strategy of promoting the Booths Brand. The ideal candidate will have both development and technical experience along with being a tenacious self-starter with great leadership skills.
- Develop the Booths Brand strategy, then as a team deliver it in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Lead, develop, monitor, evaluate, coach and mentor your direct reports to achieve high team effectiveness and individual employee satisfaction. Ensuring that they have the ability to adapt to the changing retail environment.
- Drive the combined elements of the team to project manage the complete gated process. Engaging with all departments to ensure all projects are delivered to company expectations.
- Through the Development team deliver credible and commercially viable ranges of Booths Brand products that appeal to our customers and supports Booths strategy and values. Using commercial understanding and the ability to challenge all aspects of the projects to deliver profitable ranges.
- Ensure the quality of goods sourced are of the highest quality available and in line with the Booths brand philosophy, whilst meeting the Booths Brand Standards. Ensure suppliers are safe and legal and all compliance documentation is kept maintained. Proactively work with suppliers to deliver highest Technical standards.
- To develop effective working relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the business.