JOB TITLE: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
SALARY: COMPETATIVE BASED ON SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
JK Food is part of the Hyperama Group, it is one of the UK’s largest importers and distributors of foods from Asia and the Far East, supplying the Chinese wholesale, restaurant and takeaway market throughout the UK for over 45 years.
We also have the Tiger Tiger brand which was launched to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food. Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality food in their own homes in a convenient and delicious manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and exported to the USA and Europe.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for acting as the business contact for all supply matters (in conjunction with the business owners and the Buying Manager); for building and maintaining key relationships; for delivering market leading availability; for supporting an effective new product development roadmap and for implementing supply solutions that help deliver the growth expectations in the coming years. Further, you will be expected to develop your team and their capabilities to support you in the objectives of improving availability and reducing overall freight expenditure.
You will act as a key player in the delivery of Slimstock – the new forecasting tool for the business and help to effectively deliver the benefits anticipated in this investment.
- To work closely with the Sales and Operations Directors to improve availability of the key lines driving the sales top line and margin contributions
- To provide the focal point for all freight matters and ensure appropriate space is available for all supplier deliveries
- Ensure all landed costs are accurately assigned to purchases, and that all duties and levies are appropriately accounted for
- To improve the availability information for all purchases raised and through to the successful delivery to warehouse
- To manage the day-to-day relationship and contact with the suppliers and to provide a point of escalation for supply issues.
- Build excellent freight forwarding and agent relationships to help maintain freight costs to the minimum, and at least, in line with market rates.
- Work closely with Sales to identify the required stocking levels of our retail customers and ensure we maintain service at 98%
- Review regularly the performance of the team and encourage new ways of working in adapting to our new ERP system – Order wise.
- Manage our external haulier contracts and improve the relationships with key suppliers in meeting our service and cost objectives.
- Deliver, in conjunction with the Operations and Supply Chain Director, projects to improve the performance of the JK supply and to develop its robustness against the economic and environmental challenges that are present.
- Responsible for the Supply Chain and Imports Team.
- A demonstrable track record of managing an extended supply chain, including Far East shipments.
- Experience of using a stock forecasting system (Slimstock experience advantageous)
- Ideally 10yrs+ in a supply chain role, ideally incorporating food products.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills
- Experience of freight costing and landed cost approaches to product costing.
- Experience in new product introduction
- Experience in maintaining information on key business systems
- Commercial acumen, with a strong grasp of how to use market intelligence to improve effectiveness of supply chain.
- Understand the need for absolute confidentiality with respect to our supplier network, pricing and sourcing information which is our competitive advantage.
- Able to balance both the tactical needs to of the business with the strategic direction set by the Business Owners.
- Able to communicate effectively across the business, and be a good team player.
- Able to influence others effectively to achieve common goals.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent project management and planning / organisational skills
- Advanced user in Microsoft office packages including Excel
- Relevant bachelor degree or equivalent
- CILT or CIPS membership desirable
- Evidence of on-going professional development
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including:
- · 22 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- · Auto enrolment pension.
- · Free onsite parking
- · Staff Discount in store.