Alexander Steele have been engaged with an established food manufacturing organisation seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join their facility in Worcestershire.
The role is very much focused on supporting the technical and quality function and is reporting into the Site Technical Manager.
Paying between £35,000 - £40,000 on the base salary, the business is looking to move fairly quickly to secure the right talent.
- To support, promote and advise all departments to ensure that at all times the quality, the food safety and the legality of the products manufactured are adhered to. To ensure that the quality management system is effectively managed and maintained.
- To promote and advise on food safety, quality and legality of the products manufactured and ensure that technical standards are achieved throughout the production process on a day to day basis.
- Weekly meetings with relevant departments to communicate KPI data and drive action plan
- To work with production, engineering, hygiene and product development on food safety, quality or legality issues and work with the teams where there is a need to trouble shoot, investigate and resolve and to be main the day to day contact where technical decisions are required
- To conduct scheduled internal audits within the business to drive standards forward
- Through trend analysis of customer complaints or where specific issues arise these are actioned and closed to reduce the number of customer complaints received.
- To drive a quality culture within the factory to ensure successful quality consistency panels
- To be part of the internal audit team scheduled against BRC or customer codes of practice.
- To be a key member of the HACCP team.
- To work on specific projects to improve procedures and technical standards within the factory
- To develop and train out where required - new procedures to members of the technical team or production dependant on requirements
- To facilitate the effective implementation of new products into the business
- To work with suppliers to ensure that raw materials and packaging consistently conforms to specification. This is to include supplier auditing where required.
- To be instrumental in preparation for external/customer audits, visits etc.
If you would like to learn more about this wonderful opportunity, then please apply with your most recent CV or contact Richard Steele at Alexander Steele Recruitment.