Our client is a bespoke food manufacturing company looking for a Production Planner to join their enthusiastic team at their fast-growing manufacturing premises, dedicated to producing a wide range of foods. The company has ambitious plans to expand which includes the development of new products.
You will play a key role in overseeing the continuous improvement of the production processes. You will ensure that goods are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications and that goods are ready to distribute to customers on time.
- Analyse sales forecasts & liaise with the Commercial team to determine customer requirements.
- Process customer orders & communicate relevant information to the wider business.
- Reconcile daily stock reports & react accordingly to variances.
- Plan & prepare a production schedule considering capacity, out load times, material availability, efficiency, equipment availability, and labour requirements.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during production, including order uplifts and machinery malfunctions.
- Report KPIs to senior management & propose ways to improve.
- Monitor raw material & packaging stock levels against planned requirements.
- Monitor production line speed and review time saving opportunities.
- Relocation to the West coast of Scotland is essential
- Highly organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to multitask and prioritise using good time management skills.
- Should be able to work well independently but also as part of a team.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative.
- Assertive and able to make quick decisions.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure all departments and senior management are aware of changes.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
35 hours. Generally, Monday – Friday 7 am to 3 pm and flexibility is essential for audits and hygiene checks. Every 3 weeks working a Saturday and Sunday.