Intake QC - Teynham, Sittingbourne, Kent
Reports To: Assistant QA Manager
About ISS Produce (Integrated Service Solutions) Ltd
ISS provides you with a complete end to end service from port to customer depot via our state of the art pack house and through our logistics partners, Fowler Welch, UK distribution network.
Ensure all product arriving on site is checked against customer requirements and reported accurately.
- Ensure that all arrivals are inspected as per the relevant intake protocol
- Ensure that all aspects of product quality are accurately reported to the customers and business
- Ensure that any temperature abuse or other issues that can seriously affect product quality are immediately reported to the customer.
- Effectively communicate to customers where necessary
- To work safely and report any hazards or near misses to a Key Operative or Production Shift Manager.
- To work efficiently and effectively ensuring that you contribute to the daily Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the department as set by the Intake & Ripening Manager and the needs of the business.
- To maintain high levels of hygiene and housekeeping through the clean as you go policy.
- To clearly communicate between all colleagues in your team and your Line Manager in a timely manner.
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the position as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Quality control experience
- Fresh produce knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Results focussed
- Excellent Team working
- Flexibility in thinking and approach
- Driving for excellence
- Customer understanding
- Thoroughness/attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
Measure of Performance/Key Deliverables:
- Completion of inspection to standard
- Timekeeping & attendance
- Accuracy of Work
- Health & Safety compliance