Team Manager, Hull
Competitive Salary, potential bonus and benefits package
Established in 1995, Aunt Bessie’s is part of the Nomad Foods Group, Europe’s largest food manufacturer. At Nomad Foods, we are excited to be into our 4th year of consecutive growth. Our portfolio of iconic brands, which includes Birds Eye, Findus, Iglo and Goodfella’s, have been part of consumers’ meals for generations. With 13 world class manufacturing sites and over 4,800 colleagues globally, we are well positioned to fulfil our company purpose of Serving the World with Better Food.
We are currently looking to recruit a Team Manager on the 10pm-6am shift at our Freightliner Road Site based in Hull. Supporting our Site Manufacturing Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering key performance goals by optimising and maximising people, plant and process delivering high performance teams to ensure a positive financial and cultural vision for an evolving business becoming a focal point to promote continuity and consistency of all operations, policies and procedures on the shift.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for maintaining standards in line with HSE Policy/Quality Standards/updating STOPS/KPI information as a minimum expectation, dealing with any non-compliance effectively and efficiently and ensuring that all food manufactured complies with both Aunt Bessie’s and Customer specification to ensure legal compliance, food safety and product quality are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees, products and processes within the shift and involving the team, in line with the Company’s HSE policy.
- Work with and through the Technical Department through the Food Safety & Quality Co-ordinators and team to ensure compliance with product quality standards.
- Maximise involvement and potential of team members through effective communication, and on-going focus on people development via the PDP system. Ensuring responsibility for completion of training records for their team assessments.
- Work with Senior Manager’s and Team Manager colleagues; identifying optimum work methods and ensure consistency of operation through development and application of Standard Training Operating Procedures.
- Keep the Time & Attendance system (Kronos) updated for staff to ensure correct payment of wages
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Advanced Food Safety qualification
- Advanced Safety, Health and Environment qualification
- Appropriate business qualification to degree level or proven experience
- Good communicator with literacy and numerical skills
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- IT literate to intermediary level
- Ability to work to deadlines and be able to prioritise
- Team builder and developer
- Good keen eye for detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate cross-functionally
- Good business knowledge and understanding
- Flexibility / Reliability
Previous experience of working in a FMCG environment and SAP knowledge would be desirable
To view the full job description and to apply, please click the link above.
At Nomad Foods we're proud to represent the world we serve by hiring diverse talent. Our inclusive culture is all about what we can achieve together.