Are you looking to work with a company that is all about its people? Want a business that is looking to invest in you? Do you hold strong people leadership and resource management skills to deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement and people development within the value stream?
Protea are delighted to be working with Farne Salmon in their search for a Value Stream Manager where you will be responsible for increasing the ratio of value to non-value activities in the production process and eliminating waste in the overall supply chain whilst ensuring the finished product meets the customer specification.
Developing and managing product and information flow within the value stream in accordance with lean methodology to achieve value added.
- Implementing lean tools and procedures within the value stream to minimise process variation and to maximise value added.
- Conduct evaluation pertinent to quality process enhancement to achieve value added.
- Identify improvement opportunities and perform under minimal supervision to attain results as well as process enhancements.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement plans for the value stream from future state maps.
- Accountable for all operational aspects across the value stream defined from raw material through to finished products in compliance with the Company Production Plan (People, Safety, Quality, Stock, Cost, and Delivery).
- Accountable for reporting and delivering all KPI’s which enable Farne to continuously improve, ensuring the line managers maintain all key KPI data and visual management boards.
- Prioritise and task manage value stream team to perform against KPI’s and budget.
- Accountable for communication between the value stream and stakeholders in the production process through the Line Managers ensure all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Support the Lean Champion/Lean Leader and Plant Leader/Site Director in all aspects of the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience with end-to-end lean value stream.
- Management experience in a production/lean work environment.
- Strong people management style. Ability to motivate people in teams to change.
- Strategic mindset to plan future improvement strategy and execute.
- Proven experience in setting process and monitoring for future improvement opportunities. Demonstrate customer focus and setting expectation within the teams to meet and exceed business plans.
Salary according to experience
- Shift pattern: Monday to Friday (Early starts)
- 29 days holiday
- Pension 6% employer/3 % employee