Reporting to the Retail Technical Director as Retail Technical Manager you are responsible for providing and delivering guidance, support, projects, adhoc work streams, technical cover, training, and governance audits to the business units.
Our vision is pretty simple; to be the best at what we do. We are not content just to be a market leader in terms of size and scale. We want to lead on quality, efficiency, traceability, and sustainability. So, we are committing to doing just that; continuing to develop, research, innovate and invest in every area of our business so that our future will be as distinguished as our past.
- To identify and share quality and technical best practice systems, processes and approaches across all UK sites and to be a point of contact for sites to seek out best practice.
- To communicate shared learnings, technical near misses and incident overviews from individual sites across all UK sites to ensure we have a clear network of information dissemination.
- To support and/or lead in the creation and review of technical standards, policies, procedures, group audits and KPI measurement tools.
- To assist sites with the interpretation and implementation of customer quality management systems, retailer audit requirements and food safety policies.
- To collate and review technical performance data across all UK sites and generate reports as required by the Retail Technical Director to support continuous improvement.
- To audit sites in accordance with the auditing schedule and against specific standards as required.
- To undertake retailer or accreditation ‘gap’ reviews at sites as requested.
- To provide interim support to sites as required to cover shortfalls in technical management.
- To participate and/or lead in the delivery of technical projects, specific ‘one off’ work streams or ongoing continuous improvement team activity to improve technical and/or overall business performance.
- To be a point of contact for sites and to provide guidance and/or support for all sites on any aspect of food safety, quality, processes and overall technical integrity.
- To understand the technical training gaps across all sites, to create and/or review internal training programs and ensure delivery of training is completed.
- To facilitate, participate and/or lead technical services supplier review meetings across the business to improve consistency and raise standards.
- To be able and prepared to support site(s) with food safety incident management and resolve the root causes to prevent recurrence.
- To participate and/or lead key interfaces with external partners of research and development programs to support continual progression of our technical agenda.
- To be able to complete the above for both retail sites and primary sites in line with the needs of the business.
- To undertake work deemed as a ‘reasonable request’ by the Retail Technical Director that falls outside the above.
To succeed in this position, you will be/have/display:
- Ability to engage and influence with recognised expertise at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to ‘take people with you’ and motivate individuals and/or teams to deliver an agreed output within clear time frame and financial constraints.
- A level of food industry experience that allows you to speak with confidence in best practice across a wide number of technical areas.
- A developed set of planning, organisational and project management skills.
- A degree in relevant science, specialist qualifications and/or equivalent work-based experience (ideally but not mandatory)
- A knowledge of wider site functions which enables you to have a full understanding of business dynamics and an ability to prioritise in a wider business agenda.
- A self-motivated and self-starting individual that is naturally inquisitive with a constant drive to ‘seek out’ continuous improvement to ensure we are never at a commercial disadvantage due to our technical performance and standards.
- Ability to work effectively and in a highly productive manner as an individual or as part of a team.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Retail Technical Manager position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.