Protea is currently recruiting for a Group Environment, Health & Safety Manager for one of the largest companies in Europe
With sites scattered across the UK this role has the option to be based either on site or home based with travel to all their sites.
With responsibilities including
- Driving Health & Safety practices and drive its delivery and objectives.
- Drive the overall provision of services, policies and programs relating to Health, Safety & Environmental to ensure the Company achieves its organisational objectives.
- Proactively drive and ensure EHS and Legalities to understand and meet legal and moral requirements and deliver a service to meet those needs.
- Ensure the business retains and increases its reputation as a first-class food provider
- Undertake a programme of structured and random inspections of work locations and report and act on potential breaches of safety legislation and/or policies immediately.
- Carry out Audits at all sites annually in relation to all internal audit standards such as Loss prevention, Health and Safety and Environmental standards.
- Develop an annual performance plan for Environmental and Health & Safety issues and to make recommendations for improvement
- Work by the business. This includes any projects linked to Corporate Social Responsibility standards.
- To Take responsibility for corporate, common risk assessments and for hazard reduction measures in the operating locations, including Fire and First Aid procedures
The ideal candidate will have food or drinks manufacturing experience and have demonstrated experience in food multi-site business preferably FMCG (7 years)
- Demonstrable experience in health and safety and food safety, both in enforcement and in the private sector.
- The ideal candidate will have worked as an EHO at a Senior level,
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH Managing Safety Trainer, CIEH registered (preferred).
- Comprehensive, demonstrable knowledge of all relevant national legislation, regulations and codes of practice and an ability to translate that knowledge into programmes of action, including written EH&S manuals, training and campaigns of information.
- Manager/supervisory experience (preferably within FMCG) to include training, development, appraisals, conduct management and motivating staff, preferably showing evidence of succession of previous reports and improved outputs thereof.