Alexander Steele is recruiting for a Product Planner to join a very successful food manufacturing business based in South Lincolnshire.
The main purpose of this vacancy is to be responsible for the management of orders for the customer accounts.
- Place daily and weekly orders and ensure delivery from the agreed suppliers and existing contracts as agreed with procurement.
- Raise purchase order numbers and ensure that the stock management systems are always kept up to date, sharing orders with suppliers and procurement teams.
- Ensure raw material waste is kept to a minimum whilst maintaining a constant supply to the factories to meet daily orders.
- Proactively identify any stock shortages, communicating and resolving the issues.
- Liaise with buying, suppliers, production, goods in & quality control daily.
- Maintaining customer and supplier forecasts in IFS
- Continue to look at ways to reduce stock holding and potential write off’ analysis.
- Continually develop stock control practices in conjunction with implementation of new computerised systems.
- Effectively manage the inter site transfers that occur, ensuring all documentation and queries and promptly completed and investigated.
- Ensure IFS, is always accurate with regards to the information it is working to and producing.
- Ensure that good working practices are adhered to in conjunction with the company health and safety policy
- Previous experience within planning or stock allocation/management within an FMCG business.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and ability to quickly understand ERP and MRP systems
- Can identify ideas and alternatives
- Thinks logically and makes decisions
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- £23,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
- 33 days holiday
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please apply with your most recent CV or contact Iain Shanley on 0131 370 9191 for a more information about the role.