Engineering Team Leader- Days
Monday - Friday
My client is one of the UK’s largest supplier in their field, supplying into the grocery, retail, food service, food manufacture and leading restaurants within the UK. They produce both branded and own label product. The role will be an integral part of the engineering team to ensure that minimum downtime and maximum productivity is effective.
As a Team Leader you will:
- Lead an engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising efficiency and reducing downtime
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to reduce downtime and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
- Hold a mechanical or electrical engineering qualification gained through a time served apprenticeship or study
- Have practical experience on various types of manufacturing machinery
- Effective PPM ability and PLC fault finding skills
- You will have gained experience working within Food Manufacturing
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience is essential