My client, a market leader in their product are recruiting for a Senior process technologist for their team
- To project manage new and existing product projects from customer approval stage: co-ordinating factory trials to full-scale launch, including dealing with customers on-site for Pre-pro launches.
- To make up concept ideas on bench scale with a full cost breakdown & considerations made to process/HACCP
- To ensure adequate records are maintained at all times, documenting the trial process from start to finish.
- To coordinate any process trials and investigations, which may arise due to the needs of the business.
- To gain in-depth knowledge of all products produced including all processes and machinery.
- Involved in new processes, ingredients, raw materials and packaging evaluations adhering to the HACCP principles.
- Conducting internal tastings and collating all tasting information.
- Responsible for organising Micro and Organoleptic shelf life trials, ensuring results are documented and correct storage is adhered to.
- Creating and updating when necessary QAS sheets for all new products.
- To attend and take part in product initial brainstorms & come up with ideas
- To attend customer reviews when required
- To manage all sample requests both internal and external
The role holder plans and organises their work both proactively and reactively.
Proactive planning would typically be over a number of weeks or months and would include planning trials and meetings associated with the development process
The role holder must also be able to react to work e.g. shelf life results and customer requirements such as product changes