This is a great opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our team in Spalding, as planner you will
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend orders where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete/over stocks (finished product and/or raw materials)
- Champion ongoing communication with the operations teams to ensure accurate exchange of information
- Propose and implement continuous improvements in own area
- Maintain a state of perpetual audit-readiness for all audits (GMP, H&S, Technical, Customer, Accreditation Bodies etc.) to ensure working practices are compliant at all times
- Translate production plans into material requirements and convert them into supplier purchase orders
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What we’re looking for
- This is a really fast paced environment, so you'll need to have experience of working in such an environment. If you have FMCG experience and knowledge, that would be even better.
- You will need to have experience of being a planner and understand the planning process, as well as working with a multiple range of SKUS; both short and long lead time.
- In addition, you need to be computer literate, with fantastic Excel skills and experience of ERP systems. It's imperative that you have a good attention to detail and are an analytical thinker.
- You'll be working with a range of suppliers/customers, so you must understand the sales order processing and distribution plans and have excellent customer service skills.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.