- Manage capital projects through initiation, tender, negotiating, contracting and implementation to ensure a successful outcome, and resolve any commercial issues
- Build strong relationships with our engineers, safety managers, finance, legal and site stakeholders to ensure fitness for purpose, delivery on time and to minimise risks
- Manage the property leases across Greencore, including new buildings, any exits or changes and rent renewals
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously with multiple stakeholders across multiple sites in a planned and logical manner
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Looking for a challenge? We are looking for a buyer to join our Indirects procurement team to support Greencore’s growth and innovation. You will manage a range of capital projects, including factory automation and construction, with flexibility to look after other indirect purchasing areas.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work at pace, quickly grasping the project requirements, have a logical & analytical mindset, be able to challenge the ways of working, be able to run good quality tender processes, and bring stakeholders along on the journey.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years indirect procurement experience, with some capital experience
- Demonstrable commercial acumen combined with negotiation skills
- Ability to build good relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to analyse data, identify & evaluate options and implement recommendations
- Initiative to operate in a complex multi-site environment
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Degree level qualification
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Company car (or car allowance)
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.