Assistant Technical Manager - Shaftesbury, Dorset
BV Dairy is a manufacturer of speciality chilled dairy products based in South-West England. High-quality raw materials are used to produce products such as soft cheese, cultured and fresh creams, yogurts and milk-based drinks which are supplied to food manufacturers and food service operators throughout the UK.
The Dairy was established in 1958 and is managed by the 3rd generation of the founding family. High priority is given to increasing efficiency throughout the site and investment is ongoing, not only in equipment, IT and facilities, but also in Staff where the focus is on developing skills for everyone with both internal and external training.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual, with an excellent learning ability, to become part of our Technical Team.
The role purpose is to manage factory and customer related activities and the job is permanent- full time and hours are from Monday- Friday , from 8:30- 17:00.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Supervise direct reports to ensure that they carry out their work effectively and safely.
- Delegate and assign tasks to QA Team Leader and Technical Information Officer. Monitor and help prioritise workload
- To hold annual appraisals, carry out performance reviews and investigations with team.
- To build the teams motivation by setting an example of positive work attitude.
- A training plan to be scheduled and carried out with all new staff to ensure that they work safely and efficiently.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence
- Ensure customer Codes of Practice are trained out and adhered to at all times
- Attend the daily production meeting and communicate any issues.
- Encourage a positive culture across the business, working with other departments to achieve this
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- A degree in a Food or Science related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in food production environment in a technical/quality role.
- A minimum of one years’ management experience
BV Dairy offers a generous salary package for the right candidate along with training and development opportunities.
We also offer various benefits available to all employees. These include:
- Increased holiday entitlement for each completed year
- Company pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BV Reward Scheme
- Service award recognition
- Employee Referral Scheme
The applications deadline is 21st May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!