Are you a Supply Chain professional who loves working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys leading your own team?
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager, following some restructuring this person will be critical to upcoming business changes and the work involved in this transition. You will be responsible for the Purchasing, Logistics, Planning, and Customer Service for the site.
Responsible for leading the Supply Chain team to ensure raw material availability and deliver exceptional customer service whilst planning efficient use of resources. Managing and monitoring Supply Chain activities and performance against short, medium, and long-term targets and objectives.
- Reviewing and reporting regularly against defined key performance indicators.
- Managing direct reports (and indirect reports), including role evaluation and review, development recruitment as necessary, induction and training, performance review and appraisal, issues pertaining to performance, conduct and grievance, and motivation.
- Agreeing, reviewing, and operating within an expenditure budget.
- Compliance with and promotion of all employment, health, and safety, data protection, food safety, and quality as well as customer and trade standards.
- Operate as an effective member of the leadership team to help one another push the boundaries of business performance.
- Promote a strong customer service ethos within your team to endeavor to exceed customer expectations.
- Drive continuous improvement through direct areas of responsibility and influence positive business change.
- Coordinate the replenishment of raw materials and prepare daily plans for the factory that are fully deliverable on a 24-hour basis.
- Develop and own a set of agreed and actively used end-to-end capacity models (S&OP) through our value chain and develop plans with key stakeholders to improve.
- Prepare the weekly MRP purchase order requirement and expedite as required
- Negotiate, with the input of Directors and/or GM where applicable, supply arrangements for all contract and material orders
- Lead the customer service team to ensure optimised and seamless delivery of products to our customers in the most cost-efficient and effective way.
- Engage with key customer representatives on all aspects of supply chain performance, representing the company in a highly professional and partner-based approach.
- Control invoice accuracy to actively manage the cash cycle
- Manage 3PL provider solutions to ensure a cost-effective and world-class delivery performance – distribution and external warehousing.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of management within end-to-end Supply Chain, but also someone with a strong record of Customer service and production planning.
This role will really suit someone who is a self-starter with strong influencing skills!
If this really sounds like you could be our ‘Supply Chain Specialist’ and you want to be considered for the Supply Chain Manager role, please click the Apply button.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to SJR Partners holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to our website. Our ongoing aim is to contact everyone either way within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
Alternative Job titles
Senior Supply Chain Manager | Planning Manager | Head of Supply Chain | Supply Chain Lead | Kettering | Wellingborough | Northampton |