Join the Supply Chain team at this market leading fresh produce supplier in the Kent countryside.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Owning the supply planning process for a category across multiple planning horizons at both fruit type, variety and SKU level by Grower
- Translating the demand plan across all time horizons into an actionable fruit supply plan for Procurement and Growers which will ensure minimum impact on the packing operations and maximum customer service against the sales plan
- Tracking the performance of Grower and Suppliers across the agreed supply plan and driving continued accuracy and improvements
- Highlighting risks and opportunities to the Demand Planning Team and developing mitigating actions together with Commercial, Growers and Procurement teams
- Reporting and monitoring the fruit stock position across UK and Import supply chains within the 3-12 week planning window, and yearly plan.
- Monitoring, reporting and challenging the integrity of supply information from Growers, Suppliers & Procurement, adjusting forecasts as necessary and advising all parties of the changes and reasons.
- Providing a clear view of what potential shortage and surplus positions we have against the current sales forecast and establish contingency plans to prevent issues.
- Managing supply reviews with Growers and participating in supplier’s performance review meetings with Procurement
- Owning and developing the supply plans for their category in the short (3-12 weeks), and medium-term (1yr) horizons a, reporting to Supply Planning Manager.
- Creation of a supply plan working primarily with Growers, Procurement & Agronomy teams.
- Drive forecast accuracy and improved communications from the Growers to the various stakeholders
- Work with the Demand Planners to ensure the availability of product is matched to commercial plans and issues are raised and solved
- Monitor and deliver functions' performance against set goals and objectives. (i.e. fruit availability, forecast accuracy)
- Advise and counsel growers, procurement, agronomy and operations on fruit availability against the sales forecast
- Ensure the Commercial Planners have a robust and accurate plan to cover the next phase/horizon window (wk1-2)
We are looking for candidates with previous experience in the food manufacturing or fresh produce industry. Experience with soft fruit highly prized. Previous planning experience essential.
Own transport required to get to the rural location.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.